Unfortunately, if you have been charged with a sex offense in California, you stand a strong chance of becoming one of them. It is essential to hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer who is committed to protecting your rights and relentlessly defending you in court.
San Jose criminal defense attorney William Chestnut has been protecting the accused in the Bay Area for 30 years and is dedicated to providing those accused of sex crimes a powerful defense. Contact him now through this Web site or call (408) 298-6990 for a free initial consultation.
Do not talk to the police without an attorney. What you say in a police interview may determine whether you are charged with indecent exposure, statutory rape or a major felony. Many sex crimes can be charged as misdemeanors or felonies, depending on the facts and circumstances. Some convictions require mandatory sex offender registration, while others do not. A knowledgeable defense lawyer may be able to advocate for less serious charges—and help you minimize the potential consequences.
Attorney William Chestnut has handled thousands of criminal cases during his 30 years of criminal defense. He protects the rights of people throughout Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, Alameda County, Silicon Valley and the South Bay Area who are charged with sex offenses including:
- Indecent exposure
- Prostitution or solicitation of prostitution
- Rape or sexual assault, including "date rape" and forcible rape
- Statutory rape
- Possession or production of Internet child pornography
- 647(a) crimes: misdemeanor sexual contact with a child
- 288 crimes: child molestation not including sexual intercourse
- Felony child molestation
- Life-sentence rape (substantial sexual contact over time with a child)
- Failure to register as a sex offender or failure to update the sex offender registry